There's nothing like the perfect music to motivate you into getting out of bed--whether it's to go to work or to school.
A confession: I've always treasured my iTunes player, but for some reason I've never made playlists on it. So I tend to keep whole albums of music in my phone, eating up the memory, making me deal with songs that aren't necessarily my favourites. Having bought an iPod shuffle (second-hand) from an officemate, I thought that I should sort of synchronize the songs in my phone and iPod shuffle, which contains only a certain amount of memory.
The memory space-saving solution? Playlists. That way, I wouldn't have to deal with the problem I have stated in the previous paragraph. I've made two lists, which depended on the mood I am in. Since we are on the subject of pick-me-uppers, here's a list of songs that are included in my Feel Good Favorites playlist (I intend to make the same in Spotify one of these days).
1. California Girls-The Beach Boys
2. Paris Nights/New York Mornings-Corinne Bailey Rae
3. Shake It Up-The Cars
4. God Only Knows-Various Artists BBC Music (comment: just as good as the Beach Boys original!)*
5. Starry Eyed-Ellie Goulding
8. The Luckiest-Ben Folds (from the About Time soundtrack)
9. Mid-Air-Paul Buchanan (also from the About Time soundtrack)
10. My Kinda Lover-Billy Squier
11. No Diggity-Blackstreet
12. Love Song-Selena Gomez
13. Bang Bang-Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Jessie J.
14. Comes Love-Jamie Cullum
15. I've Got Your Number-Passion Pit
16. Young Folks-Peter, Bjorn and John
17. Be Be Your Love-Rachael Yamagata
18. 83-John Mayer
19. Shake It Off-Taylor Swift*
20. You Stole The Sun From My Heart-Manic Street Preachers
21. Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve
22. Dog Days Are Over-Florence and the Machine
23. Both Sides Now-Hayley Westenra cover of the Joni Mitchell original
24. Friday I'm In Love-The Cure
25. Into My Arms-Nick Cave (from the About Time soundtrack)